TREC RF: phase 1 deadline moved.

Chris Buckley

Jun 18, 2009, 12:38:54 PM6/18/09
to trec-r...@googlegroups.com
TREC Relevance Feedback participants:

The assessor schedule at NIST has changed and we now have
at least another week before the assessors can work on our
Phase 1 submissions. Given that, we've decided to move the deadline
for Phase 1 back one week to give folks a bit more time. Phase 1
submissions are now due
June 29, 2009
The distribution of the results of the Phase 1 judgments will also
get pushed back by at least a week, but I don't have a firm date for
that yet. So amending the guidelines, the expected schedule
is now:
EXPECTED SCHEDULE:

1. End of May: Topics will be available. ***DONE***
2. June 29, 2009: Phase 1 document results due.
3. mid July, 2009: Phase 1 qrels made available. (at earliest: July 15).
4. August 24, 2009: All Phase 2 runs are due.
5. End of September: NIST will finish new relevance judgments, and
evaluation results will be sent to the participants.
6. Third week of October: Notebook paper due
7. November 17-20: TREC 2009.

Thanks to late night work by Ian, the submission system should now
be up and correctly running. Let us know of any problems. You can
submit runs at
http://ir.nist.gov/trecsubmit/relfdbk.html
Your submissions can be checked beforehand with the script
http://trec.nist.gov/act_part/scripts/09.scripts/check_relfdbk.pl

Chris