TREC RF: Phase 2 - one set of runs or two?

Chris Buckley

Jul 17, 2009, 4:07:52 PM7/17/09
to trec-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

One of the questions left open in the TREC RF guidelines
was whether we would allow two sets of runs for Phase 2.
From the guidelines:
"At the moment, we are planning to allow only one set of runs
per participant, but this may change. Let us know what you
would like. Allowing two sets of runs will mean less judging
resources per run, which may be a problem with a collection
of this size."

If you have a preference on this, could you reply
to this message reasonably soon? NIST and the various
track organizers will be having a meeting at SIGIR to finalize
judging and pooling strategies, and we need to decide the
number of runs.

Chris