[trec-kba] presentations and posters at TREC 2014

John R. Frank

Oct 17, 2014, 8:01:05 PM10/17/14
to trec...@googlegroups.com
KBAers,

Similar to past TREC meetings, we have 105 minutes for our session on
Thursday November 20th. We'd like to get a few good short talks into that
time, so plan on teaching us your key insights in the first ~20min.
We'll allocate more time if the schedule permits.

More shorter talks is generally better because it helps everyone
appreciate the diversity of approaches and insights. Remember that this
is a very unique audience --- unlike a general audience, we all know about
Vitals and StreamItems! You can go straight to explaining the core of
your system. It's helpful to talk about errors and challenges you
observed in your system and the data.

We ask that speakers also bring posters, because it aids further
discussion in the hallway space outside the meeting rooms.

Posters are one of the most important part of TREC. We all want to know
what you did and how you thought about it, and also what you are thinking
about going forward.

Regards,
John