Announcing TREC-IS 2021-A Workshop (16 April) and Updates

Cody Buntain

Apr 7, 2021, 12:18:38 AM4/7/21
to TREC-IS
Good evening, all!

We are holding a workshop on TREC-IS 2021-A on Friday, 16 April, at 10AM EDT/2PM UTC. You can see an agenda of this workshop here. We will discuss 2021-A, hold presentations from a few past participants, and discuss the future for TREC-IS.

This week, I will also be holding open office hours from 10AM EDT via Zoom (ID: 910 1584 3379, passcode: 907456).

The 2021-A dataset is now officially released and available in trecis.org. You can download all the labeled and testing data for TREC-IS with the new data downloader, which will get you 1,532,359 tweets across >100 events.

TREC-IS and its participants also have several papers at ISCRAM 2021 this year! We have had success with getting TREC-IS material published at ISCRAM, so we encourage you to consider that venue for publishing your TREC-IS work in 2022.

Looking forward to talking with you all! Feel free to reach out if you have questions, comments, or concerns.

- All the best,
Cody Buntain