Sharing Simple Evaluation Scripts

Nathaniel Weeks Rollings

Aug 29, 2022, 11:41:20 AM8/29/22
to TREC-IS
CrisisFACTS Organizers,

My team put together a handful of facts for the Lilac wildfire queries along with a simple scoring script.  It is far from comprehensive, and some of the facts may not be entirely accurate, but we found that it gives a helpful sanity check on new models before diving into a more in-depth manual review.  Would there be any issues if we share that here in case other folks would find it useful?  Thanks.

- Nate

Cody Buntain

Aug 30, 2022, 1:58:30 AM8/30/22
to TREC-IS
Hi, Nate!

Indeed, no issue if you share them, and thank you for offering them to the community!

-Cody

Nathaniel Weeks Rollings

Sep 8, 2022, 9:38:05 AM9/8/22
to TREC-IS
Cody,

Great!  Again, they are not terribly complex, but hopefully other teams will also find them useful for formative evaluations.

https://gitlab.com/nate.rollings/simple_crisisfacts_scoring

- Nate