Call for TREC Papers and Plenary Speakers

Cody Buntain

Oct 13, 2021, 12:27:29 AM10/13/21
to TREC-IS
Good evening, all!

TL;DR - We are looking for speakers to describe their systems in the TREC-IS plenary at TREC in November. Let us know if you would like to present your approach!

As TREC nears, we are developing the agenda for the TREC-IS plenary session. Part of that plan is selecting speakers to participate and describe their approaches to the TREC-IS tasks. If your system has achieved a top score for one of our metrics OR if you have a novel approach (even if it didn't measure well in our current metrics), we'd love to have you share your insights. If presenting is something in which you are interested, please let us know. Last year, we had participants speak to posters describing their systems, so if that interests you, let us know!

Next, drafts of your notebook paper are due to TREC by 5 November. Each team going to TREC is expected to submit a draft notebook paper by then with a full version in early 2022.

Finally, remember that the deadline for system inclusion on the leaderboard GitHub is 18 October 2021! Teams with a system on the leaderboard are eligible for inclusion in the TREC-IS 2021 official results. If you have new submission ideas, get those submissions in!

-All the best,
Cody, Richard, and Ian