Releases: 2020 Wiki Dump / Entity Id conversion

Laura Dietz

Jul 3, 2020, 11:54:15 AM7/3/20
to trec...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

two good news:

1) We released a WIkipedia dump from 01/01/2020 in CAR format. This time
all pages are included.

See: http://trec-car.cs.unh.edu/datareleases/v2.4-release.html

2) We released tools to convert Wikipedia page titles to proper entity
ids (no more fiddeling with %20'ies!!).

The utility supports to convert page titles from a different Wikipedia
dump to CAR entity ids, even when pages have been renamed. (the page
titles can come from before or after 2016 -- but you will have to use
the 2020 dump if you want to convert page titles from "the future").

Download: http://trec-car.cs.unh.edu/tools/trec-car-id-converter.tar.gz

The archive contains statically compiled linux binaries.

Haskell source code is available here:
https://github.com/TREMA-UNH/trec-car-tools-haskell/

As always, I like to hear from you!

Laura