Volpe study: Complete streets performance measures

Dock, Stephanie (DDOT)

Dec 9, 2022, 10:24:09 PM12/9/22
to trb-major-cit...@googlegroups.com, Chiarenza, Jonah (Volpe), Butler, Jake (Volpe)

Hello Friends of the City Transportation Issues Coordinating Council,

USDOT’s Volpe Center has a query to send to the group. Please reply directly to Johan and Jake (copied here):

The Volpe Center is working with FHWA on a project to develop “complete streets performance measures.” We are identifying state, local, and regional measures used to assess the existence, performance, and/or outcomes of projects that advance “complete streets” and “complete networks,” especially those that serve Vulnerable Road Users.

We are conducting a desk review of measures that have been implemented across the country, and are especially interested in those that help evaluate trade-offs in limited ROWs. Examples might include measuring level of service and level of traffic stress, and how these are used in tandem to evaluate existing/proposed or before/after projects.

I’m delayed in sending this but the topic is certainly one this Council is interested in!

-Stephanie

Stephanie Dock, AICP (she/her)
Autonomous Vehicles Program Manager

Performance Management Administration