December announcements

Stephanie Dock

Dec 10, 2018, 5:46:00 PM12/10/18
to TRB Major Cities Committee
Hello Members and Friends of the Major Cities Committee,

After much delay on my part, I finally have the minutes for the October committee meeting/call posted on the committee documents page and attached here. I have them up as "draft" since I know I missed a few names and possibly some useful details. Please let me know if you have corrections!

The other big announcement is that the Annual Meeting is around the corner! Our committee session list will go up on the website soon, and you can search now in the Interactive Program. The committee meeting is on Tuesday, January 15 from 8-12. I will send the committee meeting agenda in early January closer to when you are probably actually thinking about sessions and where to be when (right now you're thinking about presents, maybe your NYE plans, and wishing you had more time off, right?)

Lastly, for our friends in Canada and those who think we should be doing more Canadian-oriented research, the paper call is open for the Canadian Transportation Research Forum in May 2019:

The 54th annual conference of the Canadian Transportation Research Forum is on May 26-29, 2019 in Vancouver, Canada. The theme of the conference is “Change, Disruption and Innovation in Canadian Transportation: Navigating the New Normal”.  In light of Vancouver’s role as a gateway and important seaport, all major modes of transportation will be featured. Similar to the 2018 conference in Ottawa, the 2019 conference will be forward looking and of interest to policymakers, transportation service providers and their customers, research professionals in academia and research organizations. Among the interlocking topics we hope to feature in plenaries and paper sessions are: international trade and transportation (the Asia Pacific Gateway and Corridor); energy supply chains; transportation infrastructure investment; mobility pricing; innovative transportation technologies  such as transportation network platforms,  autonomous vehicles and drones; information innovations such as cloud sourcing, AI, block chain;  transportation for rural and remote Canadian communities;  green transportation and climate change.  Paper presentations are solicited on operational, technological, managerial and economic matters, as well as policy issues for all forms of transportation. Papers are welcome from the private sector, academia and all levels of government, from all disciplines and perspectives, and from experiences outside of Canada as well as within. We look forward to your abstract submission (See Call for Papers attached or at http://ctrf.ca/ ) Additional conference details and registration information will be sent out in early 2019. To receive information, keep in touch at http://ctrf.ca/ and click “subscribe to CTRF mailing list”  (http://ctrf.ca/?page_id=3135).

Garland Chow, VP Program, garlan...@sauder.ubc.ca

Robin Lindsey, VP Meeting, robin....@sauder.ubc.ca

Best wishes for a pleasant December for all and I'll see you in the new year!

Stephanie

ABE30 Major Cities Committee Fall Meeting Minutes-draft.docx