Call-for-Applications for Committee Rotation Coming Soon! (and TRB reminders)

Stephanie Dock

Dec 31, 2014, 1:49:25 PM12/31/14
to trb-major-cit...@googlegroups.com
Friends of the Transportation Issues in Major Cities Committee (ABE30),

Our committee is due for a rotation of on third of its membership. A listing of potential new members is due to TRB by the end of January 2015. To solicit applications for membership on our committee, we will issue a call-for-applications in early January via a survey that I will send out through this list and post on the website.

Our committee is a popular one - urban transportation is an exciting topic with a lot of innovation and cross-cutting issues. This means applying to join the committee will not guarantee membership, since we will very likely receive more applications than we have open spots. The online survey will ask for information that will help us get a balanced membership on our committee.

A few other reminders...
The Annual Meeting is nearly here! Our committee will be meeting the evening of Monday, January 12th, from 5:45 - 7:15pm. Check out the list of sessions our committee is sponsoring and plan to attend them.  You can also see them on our Google Calendar (which you can also link to show with your personal Google Calendar - click the link at the bottom right of the calendar).

If you will be at the Annual Meeting, please fill out our quick survey so we can get a sense of at what sessions we can expect to see your friendly faces!

Lastly, the committee logo contest is off and running - send in your submissions before the Annual Meeting! See details here.

A very happy end to 2014 to you all, and see you in 2015!

Stephanie
ABE30 Communications Coordinator

Stephanie Dock

Jan 7, 2015, 9:37:15 AM1/7/15
to trb-major-cit...@googlegroups.com
Friends of the committee,

The call-for-applications to self-nominate to become a committee member is now available. Please submit your applications by 8am Eastern on January 26th. The form is here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WIWkG1eZyNn-tLKA7VvTw2_C-N_Lx6dVs5_2LKsz3aU/viewform

See the email below for a few more details about this, as well as committee reminders for the Annual Meeting.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at TRB next week!

-Stephanie