Major Cities Committee Updates

Stephanie Dock

May 6, 2019, 12:14:47 PM5/6/19
to TRB Major Cities Committee
Hello Members and Friends of the Major Cities Committee,

A bit of a long email after a hiatus of updates. Please read!

We have had a rotation in committee leadership and I am excited to share that I am the new committee chair. I look forward to working with all of you to keep this committee's work moving forward. A huge thank you to Steve Buckley for all his hard work and leadership over the past three years - he has fostered an active membership, built our connections to other committees, and developed engaging meeting line ups (and a bunch of other things behind the scenes!) and I hope to build on all that he has done. As I get my bearings, please feel free to send your thoughts on how this committee can be useful to you and the broader community. I can be reached at stephan...@gmail.com. This spring has been one of new beginnings and I also have a new baby at home, so apologies if I am a bit slow to respond - please feel free to poke me if you don't hear back in a timely fashion.

With this transition, we have a new communications coordinator coming in: Matt Kroneberger will be sending more of the emails going forward, and bringing his fresh ideas for comms more generally.

The minutes and presentations from the Annual Meeting (ages ago, sorry!) are posted on our website: http://www.trbmajorcities.org/committee_docs/

We will be having two committee meetings with in-person options this year, in June at the new Equity Subcommittee mid-year meeting in Washington, DC and in September at the NACTO Designing Cities Conference in Toronto. Both will have call-in options.

For the June meeting, if any of you want to come into town for the Equity Subcommittee, you will need to make travel plans rather quickly. Details below!

Lastly, we are looking for a new webinar coordinator. If you are interested, please let me know!

Regards,
Stephanie

----

The Environmental Justice Committee looks forward to seeing many of you at this year's Mid-Year Meeting to be held at the Keck Center in Washington DC on June 11. The EJ Committee mid-year meeting will follow a series of other meetings on June 10-11 to discuss the solidification of the Equity Joint Subcommittee and the proposed 2021 Equity in Transportation Conference (see an attached draft agenda for these Equity meetings) and will be followed by the Public Involvement Committee's mid-year meeting the morning of June 12.

For on-site attendees, the EJ committee meeting will be held in the Keck Center the afternoon of June 11. Conference call capabilities will be provided if you are unable to attend in person. A draft agenda and call information will be distributed in advance of the meeting.

For those of you that are available to attend in person, please also find hotel information and links below. PLEASE NOTE THE ROOM BLOCK IS ONLY OPEN FOR RESERVATIONS TO BE MADE NO LATER THAN THIS COMING THURSDAY MAY 9.

Hotel reservation information –
Book your group rate for JS on Equity/Mid-year Meetings - TRB190310*
Hotel: Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC
Event: Joint Subcommittee on Transportation Equity/Mid-year Meetings - TRB190310*
Last Day to Book: Thursday, May 9, 2019
Hotel(s) offering your special group rate: 251 USD/night
*You will have to contact the hotel directly using the link above or call 1(888)-236-2427. The booking code is JSE.
JSC Mid-Year - draft Program.docx

Stephanie Dock

May 12, 2019, 8:26:57 AM5/12/19
to TRB Major Cities Committee
Hello all,

A quick update: for those interested in the June meeting, the deadline for room reservations has been extended to May 15th.

Stephanie

--
Visit the TRB Major Cities Committee website: www.trbmajorcities.org