March committee updates

Stephanie Dock

Mar 28, 2016, 2:40:11 PM3/28/16
to TRB Major Cities Committee
Hello Members and Friends of the Transportation Issues in Major Cities Committee,

Updates as spring rolls around!

First, it seems like the Annual Meeting was yesterday, but it already time to start thinking about next year's meeting. If you have ideas for paper calls or for workshops, now is the time to share them. To help your thinking along, we have organized the ideas that came out of the Research Needs Speed Dating exercise we did during our committee meeting at TRB in January. See those results here.
    • Paper calls: these often help guide our session development, and give authors ideas of where to focus. A sample format is attached. Please send to Wes Marshall and Ema Yamamoto by April 15th.
    • Workshop ideas: see the attached format. Please send to Ema Yamamoto by May 1st.
Second, would you be interested in writing for the new committee website's blog or helping out with communications more generally? The new committee website is nearing completion and will have a new blog feature. Blog writing will be a commitment of at least 2 posts per year - it could be things you are working on or a summary of a recent webinar or event. If you are interested in getting involved in committee communications, please email me, stephan...@gmail.com, about joining the communications subcommittee!

Last, the next committee webinar will be in June - look for announcements closer to the date!

From the land of cherry blossoms,
Stephanie

----
ABE30 Committee Communications Coordinator

Workshop Proposal.docx
TRB Paper Call Example.pdf