TRB Restructuring Input: respond by 9/15

Stephanie Dock

Sep 12, 2019, 12:08:13 PM9/12/19
to TRB Major Cities Committee
Members and Friends,

As discussed on our call yesterday, TRB is reviewing its committee structure as part of its Strategic Alignment effort. Information on the effort is here: http://www.trb.org/AboutTRB/TADStrategicAlignment.aspx

The current proposed groups, sections, and topics (committees are not yet fully defined) have a major gap where our committee is concerned. We need to give feedback to TRB on this point. To do so, a few items:

1. Please take the survey TRB has set up to gather feedback: https://s.surveyplanet.com/a0nW9EIazx Please respond by 9/15 (this weekend)!
2. As you think about what to convey to TRB, I have set up a shared Google doc for all of us to gather and share thoughts about this. Please put your thoughts here and help craft good language to express why urban issues deserve a fair shake in this structure. I have put some background at the start of the document and added some prompts to begin the idea gathering:

There was discussion yesterday of a few possibly letters to be sent to TRB from a couple groups. If you want to be involved in the letters (outlined in the Google doc), please let me know - I welcome assistance, particularly since many of you are far more articulate on this matter than I am.

And while you're busy on committee things, please remember to review your assigned papers!

-Stephanie