Requesting examples of cities adopting their own policies/standards

Ohlms, Peter

Feb 11, 2019, 8:14:32 PM2/11/19
to trb-major-cit...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This Streetsblog piece about Seattle changing up the way it justifies crosswalk installations has sparked a discussion about cities adopting bike/ped/etc. policies that differ substantially from state- or national-level standards such as the MUTCD. Has your city done something like that? I realize that NACTO is all about this sort of thing, but I would appreciate hearing from you if you have a specific example of an adopted policy/code/standard in your city that was changed so you could do things differently than would be typical.

Please send replies just to me (peter...@vdot.virginia.gov) so we don't fill everyone's inboxes.

Thanks!

--
Peter Ohlms, AICP