REMINDER: Committee meeting Wed 9/11 12:15pm ET

Stephanie Dock

Sep 8, 2019, 8:30:07 AM9/8/19
to TRB Major Cities Committee
Hello Members and Friends of the Major Cities Committee,

We will have our next committee meeting in person at the NACTO Designing Cities conference over lunch on Wednesday. There will be call-in capabilities for those not attending in person.

Committee Call
Wednesday, September 11, 12:15-1:15pm
NACTO Designing Cities Conference - Sheraton Hall E (lunch will be provided!)
Join the meeting: https://join.me/d.research
Dial-in: +1-202-602-1295 (US-DC) or +1-647-977-2648 (Canada-Toronto) or More phone numbers
Conference ID: 101-323-211#

**A major topic of discussion will be the strategic realignment and committee restructuring effort TRB has undertaken - please review the attached materials in advance if you are able. There is additional information here, including a survey about the proposal that closes on 9/15.

A couple other items to share with the committee while I have your attention:

1. TRB's new Joint Subcommittee on Equity in Transportation now has a website to follow their activities: https://sites.google.com/view/equityjsc. In addition to providing updates and announcements for upcoming meetings and conferences, this website is intended to serve as a resource that contains past, current, and future research related to equity in transportation. Use this form to sign up as a member of the subcommittee (also found on the website).

2. Emerging Transport Advisors, founded by one of our members, has just launched their first global survey on emerging mobility trends for cities covering the key topics of shared mobility, micro-mobility, curb/kerb space management, electric vehicles, mobility data management, emerging mobility staff capacity needs, and automated and commercial vehicle trends. They are looking to hear from as many cities across the globe over the next few weeks to create a broad representative baseline. The survey is here and open until September 20th.

Hope to see some of you in person in Toronto shortly, and hear many of you on the line on Wednesday.

Stephanie Dock
ABE30 Chair
ABE30_Agenda_9-11-19.docx
Groups Sections Topic Bullets Aug 16.docx

Stephanie Dock

Sep 11, 2019, 11:19:16 AM9/11/19
to TRB Major Cities Committee
Last reminder! Committee call/meeting is in one hour. Hope to talk to many of you soon.

Stephanie

--
Visit the TRB Major Cities Committee website: www.trbmajorcities.org