TRB workshop 1/12, 9 AM - Speed management: Let's talk limits

Jefferson, Aimee

Dec 19, 2019, 11:00:14 AM12/19/19
to trb-major-cit...@googlegroups.com, Stephanie Dock

Good morning!

On Sunday, January 12 from 9 a.m. to noon, ABE30 is leading a workshop (#1004) at TRB in Washington D.C. with the support of ANF10, AFB10, AHB50, ANF20 ANB10, ANB25, ANB40, and ANB60. The workshop is titled, "Speed Management: Let's Talk Limits."

The workshop will begin with an overview of the NCHRP 17-76 report on guidance for setting speed limits, forthcoming material from NACTO on speed limits, and speed management for safety principles from ITE. The second section of the workshop will cover three case studies: Seattle's experience with imposing citywide speed limits; Speed legislation in California and Assembly Bill 2363; and The Safe Systems approach in New Zealand. The workshop will conclude with a break-out session for participants to discuss best practices and research needs in the areas of speed limit modifications, enforcement of revised limits, reducing speeds on local streets, and reducing speeds on arterials.

Please see the attached flyer for more information. Also, note that we joined with ANB10 to co-advertise since ANB10 is hosting a similarly titled workshop.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you there!

Aimee

Aimee J. Jefferson, AICP

Principal Planner, Safety Programs

North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority

One Newark Center, 17th Floor | Newark, NJ 07102

Tel:  973.639.8439 |Email: ajeff...@njtpa.org | Web: www.njtpa.org

2020TRB-Workshop1004-1033-SpeedV4-12062019.pdf

Jefferson, Aimee

Jan 3, 2020, 6:19:26 PM1/3/20
to trb-major-cit...@googlegroups.com, Stephanie Dock

Good afternoon,

We are looking for a couple more volunteers to help take notes during the January 12 workshop. If you know that you will be attending the workshop and are interested in taking notes, please respond to me at ajeff...@njtpa.org.

Thanks,