TRB Major Cities Updates

Danielle Elkins

Feb 13, 2020, 5:38:31 PM2/13/20
to trb-major-cit...@googlegroups.com

Hello Members and Friends of the Committee Formerly Known as Major Cities,

Updates:

  1. Annual Meeting Minutes and Recap
  2. SharedStreets Curb Data and Mapping Webinar TOMORROW
  3. Upcoming Webinar: A Conversation on Speed Management
1. Annual Meeting Minutes and Recap

Thanks to everyone that was able to come to our final committee meeting in DC during the TRB annual meeting. We will be posting the meeting minutes and presentations to the website tomorrow.

2. SharedStreets Curb Webinar TOMORROW

Please join SharedStreets for a webinar about curb data and mapping on Friday, Feb 14th at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET

We know there's a great deal of interest from cities in curb management. This often begins by mapping existing curb regulations in order to consider how space is currently allocated and priced. There are many ways that cities can go about this.

During this webinar, we'll discuss the need for open curb regulation data and city-led data initiatives. We'll share about the work we've been doing to create open tools, mapping methods, and data standards to keep cities in the lead. Staff from transportation departments in DC, Minneapolis, and San Francisco will join us to present on their local context, the exciting projects they've been leading to create curb data, and what's next.

Register here to start your Valentine's Day off right!

3. Upcoming TRB Webinar: A conversation on speed management
How does your community manage road speeds? TRB is hosting a webinar on Monday, March 9, from 2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern that will discuss various speed management strategies and resources. Presenters will describe case studies from their communities and identify speed management priorities.
Webinar Presenters:
Moderated by: Eric Tang, VHB
Megan Wier, San Francisco Department of Public Health
Libby Thomas, UNC Highway Safety Research Center
Rebecca Sander, Arizona State University
Dongho Chang, City of Seattle

Thank you,
Danielle Elkins

dani...@civicideation.com