U.S. DOT requests public comments on the strategic direction of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Program

Andy

Apr 23, 2009, 4:22:26 PM4/23/09
to VehicleHighwayAutomation
U.S. DOT Requests Public Comments on ITS Program. The Research and
Innovative Technology Administration is requesting public comments on
the strategic direction of its Intelligent Transportation Systems
(ITS) Program. Comments will be used to shape the next, multi-year,
ITS research agenda. Specifically, the Department seeks comment and
insight on a set of proposed goals and objectives for the ITS Program.
Additionally, the Department is interested in exploring new
opportunities for research and development, technology transfer, and
evaluation of next generation ITS technologies. Responses should take
into account the critical role of advanced technologies in achieving
transformative change in the areas of safety, mobility, environmental
stewardship, and deployment policy. A Request for Information along
with instructions for submittal can be found at http://www.regulations.gov
under docket number RITA 2009-0001. Or you can visit:
http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main?main=DocumentDetail&o=090000648095e55e

Alternatively, you can visit "News and Events" section our Vehicle
Highway Automation
Committee website's (AHB30) for downloading the PDF version of the RFI
posted
on the Federal Register. Please visit the above links to submit your
comment.

Should you have any questions, please contact Ms. Riddle:
202-366-5128.

For those who are not familiar, here is the URL for our new AHB30
website:
http://sites.google.com/site/trbvehiclehighwayautomation/