TRB ABJ60 Mid-Year Committee Meetings

Quiroga, Cesar

Apr 30, 2013, 8:48:12 AM4/30/13
to trb-...@googlegroups.com, James Hall (Jhall1@uis.edu)

To Members and Friends of the TRB ABJ60 Committee:

For those who can attend, we will be holding two midyear ABJ60 Committee meetings this year; the first in conjunction with the GIS-T Conference in Boise, Idaho and the second at the TRB Midyear Conference in Washington D.C.

GIS-T, Boise Idaho, May 5

The first ABJ60 midyear meeting will be held from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 5 in the Payette Room at the Boise Center.

In keeping with ABJ60’s strategic focus on outreach activities, we will be meeting jointly with the TRB ABJ50 Information Systems and Technology Committee, chaired by Frances Harrison. Since the AASHTO Subcommittee on Information Systems (ASIS) is also meeting in Boise, it gives us a great opportunity to interact with the state DOT Chief Information Officers.

Our agenda will include a summary of committee activities and a general discussion of research interests. We will also scope out potential collaboration activities, including TRB annual meeting preparation. We will summarize the discussion for later distribution to the committee.

GIS-T Conference Information is available at:

http://www.gis-t.org/

TRB Joint Midyear Conference, Washington DC, June 11

The second ABJ60 midyear meeting will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 11 at the National Academy of Sciences Building.

The theme of this year’s TRB Joint Midyear Conference is State & MPO Information Needs in a Constrained Fiscal Environment. The conference includes the participation of 17 TRB committees and task forces, including most of the committees from the Management and Leadership and Data and Information Sections as well as the AASHTO Data Subcommittee.

Our agenda will further expand on outreach activities with more specific planning for the 2014 TRB Conference.

Further information on the TRB Joint Midyear Conference is available at:

http://www.cvent.com/events/meeting-state-mpo-information-needs-in-a-constrained-fiscal-environment/event-summary-b8775fc338f245c8aa5287a105563dd1.aspx