T&T: weather Proof connections

MY ALLEZ via Trawlers-and-Trawlering

Mar 11, 2019, 12:57:03 PM3/11/19
to rpack...@gmail.com, traw...@lists.trawlering.com
Rich I have a 16 ft aluminum mast. Used to borrow a 10 ft ladder for access to area. Anchor light, GARMIN wind indicator, Radar done. Spreader Lights. Had a beautiful mast hinge fabricated $300.

Now connections: Garmin and Ray Marine, and Aqua Signal all cane with great weather connectors.

Spreader Lights Normal G.E. Seal bean. SO CORD 3/conductor
Comes out of top of light with a “drip loop” up into bottom OF spreader arm into center if mast. Down center of Mast Exits at bottom of holes in mast
With rubber grommets in mast holes. SO CORD ends go into a
12V DC Twist Lock connector receptacle that is horizontal 3” above the deck. I did run a bead if silicone around the face of the connector
Summary of above Think of getting wired Inside the mast if at all possible. Think of a future hinge at base as an upgrade.

Bob Kovach

Sent from my iPhone
Chief Engineer Bob Kovach (KJ4UGE)
Onboard M/Y ALLEZ!

GOLD LOOPER 5-2-2016
MTOA2631, USCG-CWOA, WRCC, AGLCA-1979, USPS CHARLESTON, S.C.

Trawlers & Trawlering and T&T are trademarks of Water World
Productions. Unauthorized use is prohibited.