Meliá Hotels International enters Myanmar

Nyi Nyi ®

Jun 3, 2015, 11:03:37 PM6/3/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com

400 rooms!!! Praise the Lord! I can see it's coming and the fastest "construction" I've ever seen.

Meliá Hotels International enters Myanmar and accelerates growth in Asia Pacific

Meliá Yangon, scheduled to be opened in 2016, will bring Spanish Passion for Service to the former Burmese capital

The new-build hotel will be in a prime location in downtown Yangon next to Inya Lake and with fast access to the airport and the highway to the capital city. Meliá Yangon will feature 400 rooms, including the signature The Level rooms, a YHI spa, a variety of restaurants and a wide range of meeting facilities. The project will be developed by Hoang Anh Gia Lai Myanmar, the leading real estate company in Vietnam. The hotel will be part of a mixed-use complex including office buildings, apartments and a commercial center.

During the signing ceremony, Melia Hotels International's Vice President Asia Pacific, Bernardo Cabot, stated: "Meliá Yangon represents a new milestone for our committed growth in Asia Pacific and we are eager to bring our most international brand to Myanmar, thanks to the confidence and support of our partner HAGL. This outstanding hotel will boost our brand awareness within the region, and I'm sure it will be the opening door to get into other destinations within the country".

Read more .. .