Lashio-Muse-Lashio now possible without permission?

Tobias

Jul 5, 2013, 9:04:34 AM7/5/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dear group members,

friends in Pyin Oo Lwin told me that foreigners now can travel from Lashio to Muse and back without pre-arranged permission.

Is that true? Would MOHT please confirm, like they answered my previous questions about motorbikes in NPT so precisely?
What are other requirements? Can I just go alone, or do I need a guide and a car, or can I just jump on any random bus in Lashio all by myself and travel the old "Burma Road" back and forth?

If anyone of you wonders why I am asking all these questions: I have written a travel guide book and I need to research and include updates. Lashio-Muse-Lashio would be great news indeed.

Safe travels and many thanks!

Tobias

thida win

Jul 6, 2013, 5:19:47 AM7/6/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Hi!!

I think you may not need permission for it. If you take a guide with
you it'll be better for you to go around and also if you are alone you
can have a friend who can talk with you on the trip.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/dd40708b-ad34-4497-b965-01a5d0670c1c%40googlegroups.com.

myanmarfrangipani -

Jul 6, 2013, 10:13:39 AM7/6/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com

To the Lashio. is ok.not to go Muse.Because.'Muse is very near boder.  line'so you need. permitssion letter very sure.

nyi htike

Jul 24, 2013, 2:09:53 AM7/24/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com
No No No Ma Thida Win
Foreigner need permit from MOHT from Lashio-Muse and all the way of BURMA ROAD.
.Please contact MOHT 067406131 to get any information about your trip/
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/CA%2B1hNuj%2Bt%2Bc2R5pNoqCXMDsGT5Ac3VRLFzh%2BAqfwAeY4c-hc8w%40mail.gmail.com.

Tobias

Jul 31, 2013, 6:17:03 AM7/31/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

many thanks for your answers.

Went to Hpa-an last week and checked with Hpa-an immigration about the possibility of going to Myawaddy. They say you need permission, which is contrary to the recently revealed news that now everyone can go freely.

I then studied the area update list that was published by the Ministry of Home Affairs. The list clearly indicates that Hpa-an and also Myawaddy are open, which is nothing new. However, it leaves room for misinterpretion. While investigating further, I read that for townships along the way from Hpa-an to Myawaddy, one still needs a permission. In that argument, Myawaddy is only open to foreigners entering from Thailand.

I would be most grateful if members of this group would update future news about the Lashio - Muse and Hpa-an - Myawaddy roads.

Many thanks and safe travels,

Tobias

Khaing Soe Linn Khaing

Jul 31, 2013, 6:31:45 AM7/31/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Tobia;

You nothing sure inquiry and require information from us you just reply and say it so expensive and sorry after we let you know if you actually wish to deal for that should negotiate then do bye bye.

Mr.Khaing(Comenseememyanmar)
Travel Manager/Travel Consultant
Licensed Tour Guide

Great using ...

Tobias

Aug 1, 2013, 7:22:03 AM8/1/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com
I found an article in the NLM - please find attached. Starting in August, 3 checkpoints are open for entry and exit - good news.

Best wishes and safe travels,

Tobias
NLM.jpg