3 million tourist arrivals by year 2014 end

Nyi Nyi ®

Jun 25, 2014, 3:27:45 PM6/25/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Despite local tour operators and some hoteliers agree that business in this slack season is cold and low compared to last year, Myanmar tourism authority claimed that 1.2 million has been reached this year to date, and ready for the upcoming season.

Government statistics of tourist arrivals are 1.06 million in 2012 and 2.04 million in 2013.

Tomme Aung

Jun 25, 2014, 9:33:27 PM6/25/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, 26 June 2014 01:57:45 UTC+6:30, Nyi Nyi ® wrote:
> Despite local tour operators and some hoteliers agree that business in this slack season is cold and low compared to last year, Myanmar tourism authority claimed that 1.2 million has been reached this year to date, and ready for the upcoming season.
>
> Government statistics of tourist arrivals are 1.06 million in 2012 and 2.04 million in 2013.

Dear Ko Nyi , MOHT statistics have been publisized the annual revenue a bit over 900 millions $ just on their web as follows.

Best,

ေသြးသစ္
IMG_20140624_160857.jpg
IMG_20140624_161216.jpg

Thomas Latt

Jun 26, 2014, 12:31:18 AM6/26/14
to travelmyanmar
Does the figure indicates "total tourist arrivals"? If yes, how MOHT defines "what the tourist is" is important. If the definition is internationally acceptable, the accuracy of indexed figures may reach maximum closeness of accurate figure. If that figure is count upon gross data includes "business travelers", "border passing excursionists", "visit to friends and relatives (vfr)" etc., the figure will only be "TOTAL FOREIGNER ARRIVALS".

Correct me if I am wrong.

~ an asian tour operator aato ~
“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” — James Michener

Bo Saw

Jun 26, 2014, 3:15:37 PM6/26/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Right ; this statistics is total foreign visitor.

The lists of foreign visitor to Shwedagon pagoda absolutely helpful for tourism market.

Nyi Nyi Frankie

Jun 27, 2014, 5:15:29 AM6/27/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Ko ေသြးသစ္, Thomas and Bo Saw for all your input. Seeing the graphic statistics from ministry, it is very clear that it's not by all means "tourists arrival." We'll expect similar arrivals in 2015 thanks to ASEAN Tourism Forum.