Tourism master plan predicts 1.5 million jobs in seven years

Nyi Nyi ®

Dec 2, 2013, 1:04:07 AM12/2/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com

Myanmar's Ministry of Tourism said its master plan can generate an additional one million jobs for its citizens wishing work in the tourism industry.

According to data by the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism, there were about 293,000 tourism-related jobs in 2012.

But the new master, currently being draft, could boost the number of job to nearly 1.5 million.

“The overall effect will be good because the new plan covers across the nation. We have draw getting jobs opportunity and we are beginning to implementing it,” said Hlaing Oo, Director of the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism.

There will be 38 projects in the Master Plan, while Human Resources Project is starting to materialize.

The seven year Project being sponsored by the Asia Development Bank and the Norway Government cost US$500 million. At present US $ 215.6 million has been received for the Plan.

Read more on Eleven News. ...