Loikaw

ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံဧည့္လမ္းညြန္မ်ားအသင္း MTGA

Jun 4, 2014, 11:44:01 PM6/4/14
to Travel Myanmar Group (Tourism news & idea exchange), myanmartourguidessociety

--
MYANMAR TOURIST GUIDES ASSOCIATION ( MTGA )
Copy of Loikaw.xlsx

Nyi Nyi ℠

Jun 14, 2014, 1:44:16 AM6/14/14
to Dar Le Khin, travel...@googlegroups.com, myanmartourguidessociety
Thanks Ma Dar Le, we'll work on it.

On 6/5/14, Dar Le Khin <da...@7daystour.com> wrote:
> Dear MTGA,
>
> Thank you so much for sharing such information and appreciate very much.
> Also, if you can share other information on sightseeing spots and the
> villages that can go around Loikaw, would be appreciated too.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dar Le
>

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM, ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံဧည့္လမ္းညြန္မ်ားအသင္း MTGA <
> mtga.inf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> --
>> *MYANMAR TOURIST GUIDES ASSOCIATION ( MTGA )*
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/CADtnhKOyxHbj0kLXZ4%3DX6z1JtV%3DQO8c-R9Teyx_D3vgdP8B-Xw%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/CADtnhKOyxHbj0kLXZ4%3DX6z1JtV%3DQO8c-R9Teyx_D3vgdP8B-Xw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>

> --
> ---
> "MYANMARTOURGUIDESOCIETY" group.
> email to myanmartourguidess...@googlegroups.com.

Nyi Nyi

koko lwin

Jun 27, 2014, 6:22:40 AM6/27/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
About Loikaw
Share my little experience.

Hotels
Best one is Hotel Loikaw, existing rooms are bungalow and extension 4 story building is comming. expect to be ready in comming season. Price about $ 60-70
Located off the downtown area, south-west from down town at Naung Yar qtr. Opposite to Htin Ngar Lyar lake

Moderate are
Kantharyar ( 3 room at main building) 4 at separate one. Prefer to stay at main building. Price is reasonable abt $ 45
Thingaha   ( I remember about 4 types of room). Family room and superior is simple, clean and wide enough. Price rang abt $ 50-55
If you are looking for a moderate budget for small group, first  try to get Kantharyar.
Located at south-west from down town. west from  Hotel Loikaw . Opposite to Htin Ngar Lyar lake

Stay away from the so called hotel or guest house in down town. terrible price but service / maintenance and facility are not handsome
For local visitors, newly built Loikaw Princess Guest house is rather good and price is fair  8000- 10000 Ks
Located south-east from  hotel Loikaw

Another new hotel being built belongs to Actor Lwin Moe( here I was told by local driver) would be ready in comming open season. Near to Kayan museum. south-west from Kantharyar hotel. Opposite to Htin Ngar Lyar lake.

Over-viewing for all hotels in Loikaw, I didn't see them much emphasizing on Eco-friendly idea while laid concrete wall with bulb wire / concrete pave that reflect eyesight so pain.
Personal wondering, All owners of accommodation in Loikaw should invite professional architects / landscaping technicians to enhance their existing properties.
Loikaw and around still have vast and virgin land. The area between Htee Pwint Lake and Seven lakes( est 4 km long)

Sightseeing
One day is enough within Loikaw and outside

Within Loikaw-
Taung Gwe Zedi is significant highlight / at south from town center
Thit Ta Pin taung( there is original monastery name) higher than Taung Gwe Zedi.
Walking to an fro around main market.
Naung Yar lake
Myo Nan Zedi

Outside loikaw
Htee Pwint lake and Seven lakes
Deemosoe and Ngwe Taung Dam

Today, tourist can visit outside loikaw without heavy restriction. Prepare copy of passport and visa. Then when arrival respective check point, report your trip and leave ID copies. You will be treated very relaxed. I have seen a few foreigner walked about the Ngwe Daung dam that is in Deemosoe once the area was very restricted

If your trip is planned to Loikaw and Inlay lake, it is better first reach to Loikaw by air from Yangon or by road from Kalaw/ aung ban.
Phekon to Inlay lake boat trip makes more and more impressive and be appreciated your trip structure.

Transport contact -                         Bardo Travel
Boat ( Phekon-to Nyaung Shwe)      Co-operative guest house( Phekon)

Pls post from others who has different collection.

Wishing you all the best