Re: Should we open a bank inside Maha Muni temple?

Don Gilliland

Aug 28, 2012, 1:04:05 AM8/28/12
to travel...@googlegroups.com
When I saw the subject line to this e-mail I thought it was a bad joke: a bank inside Mahamuni? What a crazy idea! And then I saw the photo. I am shocked. I hope the authorities can remove this eyesore from such a sacred place. Good luck to your efforts to have this done!

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM, <yannain...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear all,

Please see my attached photo of a bank exchange counter inside Maha Muni temple, Mandalay. This is really ugly thing to see this blue booth when we look the Buddha Image from the walkway. I could not understand why the trustee of the temple allowed this booth to be built there. Everything around the exchange counter is gilded and it destroyed the emotion of being in a temple. I do hope the authority concerns should take an action to remove this ugly thing as soon as possible. And I think we (guides) should do something on such kind of things instead of....

With best regards,
Yan Naing Htun ( Mandalay ).

Mr.Pototoes

Aug 28, 2012, 3:53:13 AM8/28/12
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Maha Myamuni is one of the most sacred pagoda in Mandalay. It is very
ugly to see this booth in the walkway leading to the Buddha Image. so,
i hope everyone in tourism will have the same view to remove this.
Good Luck to your efforts, Ko Yan Naing Htun

Ko Nyi Nyi

Aug 28, 2012, 4:34:11 AM8/28/12
to travel...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends in Mandalay,

Please send official complaint letter to UMTA/ MOHT  and Bank which opened the booth there .

It is very ugly .

Ko Nyi ( TRW)

nyi htike

Aug 29, 2012, 12:14:41 PM8/29/12
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Mandalay ဧည့္လမ္းညႊန္အသင္း ကေဆာင္ရြက္သင္ပါတယ္။
လာမယ့္ခရီးသြားရာသီမတိုင္မီ ဖယ္ရွားနိုင္ေအာင္ေဆာင္ရြက္သင့္ပါတယ္။
အၿမင္မေတာ္ ဆင္ေတာ္ႏွင့္ခေလာက္ပါ။