Malaysia strikes agreement on MH17 victims, black boxes

Thomas Latt

Jul 22, 2014, 3:46:45 AM7/22/14
to travelmyanmar
Malaysia strikes agreement on MH17 victims, black boxes

Malaysian Airlines has confirmed that progress is being made in the
recovery of bodies of passengers killed in the missile attack on MH17
over Ukraine.

The airline said contact has been established with the man in command
of the region, Alexander Borodai.

In a statement, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said: "Under
difficult and fluid circumstances, we have been discussing the
problems that have occupied us all: securing vital evidence from the
aircraft, launching an independent investigation, and above all
recovering the remains of those who lost their lives."

The PM said the following has been agreed:

Firstly, the remains of 282 people, currently in Torez, will be moved
by train to Kharkiv, where they will be handed over to representatives
from the Netherlands. The remains will then be flown to Amsterdam on
board a Dutch C130 Hercules, together with members of the Malaysian
team.

Following any necessary forensic work, the remains of Malaysian
citizens will then be flown home to Malaysia.

Secondly, the two black boxes will be handed over to a Malaysian team
in Donetsk, who will take custody of them.

Thirdly, independent international investigators will be guaranteed
safe access to the crash site to begin a full investigation of the
incident.

The Malaysian leader urged all parties to continue to work together
"to ensure that this agreement is honoured; that the remains of our
people are returned, that the black box is handed over, and that the
international team is granted full access to the site".

"Only then," he added, "can the investigation into MH17 truly begin;
only then can the victims be afforded the respect they deserve.

"We need to know what caused the plane to crash, and who was
responsible for it, so that justice may be done."

The prime minister added: "In recent days, there were times I wanted
to give greater voice to the anger and grief that the Malaysian people
feel. And that I feel.

"But sometimes, we must work quietly in the service of a better outcome."

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

--

~ an asian tour operator aato ~
“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid