SITA launches smartphone check-in technology

Thomas Latt

Jul 31, 2014, 1:33:50 AM7/31/14
to travelmyanmar
SITA launches smartphone check-in technology

Tech-savvy air travelers may soon be able to pass through check-in and
board a flight with a simple flick of the wrist.

Airline industry tech company SITA Lab has developed an API for
airlines offering automated boarding passes for Android smartwatch
users, made available through its platform developer.aero.

Android wear users will receive an alert of their flight time and
location and a quick swipe will produce the boarding pass.

A second swipe will create the barcode allowing passengers to access
checkpoints and board the flight.

SITA says it is fully compliant with airport security regulations
worldwide, including TSA procedures.

"We have done considerable research into the use of wearable
technology for the air transport industry and this is the first step
to enable passengers to use their own wearable devices," said SITA CTO
Jim Peters.

"We've made this available through our industry API platform so it
will be interesting to see which airlines will be the early adopters."

Peters said smartwatches have yet to take off big time but the
potential is there with 40 companies launching new smartwatch models
in 2013.

SITA 's developer.aero platform offers numerous airline technology
solutions such as beacon and baggage tracking tools.

Its existing boarding pass API is used by airline partners such as
JetBlue and Virgin Atlantic.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

--

~ an asian tour operator aato ~
“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid