Chin Lone Festival in 3 Days

Nyi Nyi ®

Jan 12, 2014, 2:34:53 AM1/12/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
As Wiki quotes,
Chinlone (also known as caneball) is the traditional sport of Burma (Myanmar). Chinlone is a combination of sport and dance, a team sport with no opposing team. In essence chinlone is non-competitive. The focus is not on winning or losing, but how beautifully one plays the game.

 There is a documentary movie about Burmese Chinlone called Mystic Ball directed by a Canadian filmmaker Greg Hamilton. Now Greg is in town participating a Canadian-Myanmar friendship Chinlone Play at the Great Maha Muni Pagoda. The event will take place in Mandalay on January 15, 2014. And it's free entry. Hope this information would help.

Cheers!!
Frankie

Gurus from Mandalay, can you please follow up this news to update the event. Thanks.

Don Gilliland

Jan 12, 2014, 7:31:37 AM1/12/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that information! I love going to those Chinlone festivals at Mahamuni. I've been two times before when I was in Mandalay, but the festivals that I saw were multi-week events and held later in the summer. Does anyone know if there will another big chinlone festival at Mahamuni again later this year? And if so, when will it be?

Nyi Nyi ®

Jan 12, 2014, 8:22:15 AM1/12/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dasa, there is annual festival called "Waso Chinlone Festival" at the same place. It takes place after the full-moon of Waso, it means it will start a day after July 11 this year. It stretches - I believe - up to 48 days. Hope this works.

Jan 12, 2014, 8:47:06 AM1/12/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Great but I'm coming back from Mandalay so where should I watch it ko Frankie.

Nyi Nyi ®

Nansein Than

Jan 13, 2014, 8:30:14 AM1/13/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
It will start from 16:00 to 22:00 (p.m). Don't miss it.

On 1/12/14, Nyi Nyi ® <nyi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a GIVEN, Y. Sigh!!
>
> On Sunday, January 12, 2014 8:17:06 PM UTC+6:30, Y wrote:
>>
>> Great but I'm coming back from Mandalay so where should I watch it ko
>> Frankie.
>>
>> On Sunday, January 12, 2014, Nyi Nyi ® wrote:
>>
>>> Dasa, there is annual festival called "Waso Chinlone Festival" at the
>>> same place. It takes place after the full-moon of Waso, it means it will
>>>
>>> start a day after July 11 this year. It stretches - I believe - up to 48
>>>
>>> days. Hope this works.

>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/7bc35da4-fdbe-493e-9e5d-f3cd01893292%40googlegroups.com
>>> .
>>>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/b1a6c459-1dbe-4c5e-a677-bffdda71c581%40googlegroups.com.

Thida Win

Jan 13, 2014, 12:45:25 PM1/13/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
ကိုညီ
သိကၽြမ္းခြင့္ရတဲ့အတြက္ ၀မ္းသာမိပါတယ္။ ညီမက ျမ၀တီသတင္းစာကပါ။
ခရီးလုပ္ငန္းနဲ႔ဆိုင္တဲ့ သတင္းေတြပံုမွန္ ရယူေရးသားခ်င္ပါတယ္။
ေတြ႕ျမင္ခ်က္ေတြ၊ ေလ့လာမႈေတြနဲ႔ သတင္းအခ်က္အလက္ေတြကို
ပံုမွန္ရယူခ်င္ပါတယ္။

ေက်းဇူးအထူးတင္ရွိပါသည္။

မသီတာ(ျမ၀တီသတင္းစာ)

ဖုန္း- ၀၉ ၄၀၁၅၃၂၈၄၃
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/CAHmm1i%3Da%2B4VMrVLMd6S7BZfzEKtW8oaC4VKSGN4BGBh9ostmtA%40mail.gmail.com.

zawnaingtun

Jan 13, 2014, 8:50:26 PM1/13/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com

what about the time?

nansei...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 10:34:39 AM1/17/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
In general, the chin lone festival is held in the Mahamuni Pagoda in June . But, it can be held in July in 2014 according to the lunar calendar.

Sent from my HTC

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/CACiKCfGV4msFwV79i%2Bdg5mZFibuw84hYekNCYqRmUSNDbWSvBA%40mail.gmail.com.