More Chinese tourists isn't the greatest idea

Nyi Nyi ®

Oct 28, 2013, 2:11:37 PM10/28/13
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Quality tourist ေတြရဖို႔အတြက္ ဆိုက္ေရာက္ခြန္ေကာက္မယ္လို႔ ထိုင္းႏိုင္ငံက ဆံုုးျဖတ္ၿပီးတဲ့ေနာက္မွာ ခရီးသြားမႈပမာဏအမ်ားဆံုးျဖစ္တဲ့ တရုတ္လူမ်ိဳးခရီးသည္ေတြနဲ႔ပက္သက္လို႔ထိုင္းႏိုင္ငံ ဘန္ေကာက္ပို႔စ္သတင္းစာရဲ့အျမင္ေလးကို ျမန္မာျပည္အတြက္ လိုလိုမယ္မယ္ ျပန္လည္ေ၀ငွလိုက္ပါတယ္။

Thailand has become a tourism paradise for Chinese travellers as they are coming to the Land of Smiles in sharply increasing numbers.
In the first nine months of this year, the number of Chinese arriving in Thailand reached 3.74 million, a 93% jump year-on-year, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

The sharp increase in Chinese arrivals is attributed partly to the success of the Chinese film "Lost in Thailand" which came out last year. The movie was shot in many locations in the North including Chiang Mai.

Some reports say the government is considering waiving visa fees for the Chinese to make Thailand even more attractive. However, I don't think it's a good idea. Are we ready to receive more Chinese tourists? I am not so sure about that. I have several reasons to support my argument.

Click here to read more on Bangkok Post ....