Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) amongst Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities

Jackie Bolton

Jun 7, 2017, 10:18:26 AM6/7/17
to tra...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

As part of an initiative in West Yorkshire, The Children’s Society have recently completed a yearlong project to improve awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) amongst Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities. The project has explored vulnerabilities, barriers to support services and resources used to raise awareness of this issue amongst communities.

As a result of this, a range of resources have been produced to support communities, parents, children and young people; as well as professionals working with Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities, to raise awareness of CSE. This includes an animation around sexting and online grooming which was created by Gypsy and Traveller young people; an accompanying workbook and professionals guide; and some posters and leaflets translated into two Roma community languages of Romanian and Slovak.

The initiative has now come to an end but the resources remain available to all those who would like to make use of them and to cascade amongst your colleagues.

All resources can be found on our website:

https://www.childrenssociety.org.uk/what-we-do/helping-children/gypsy-roma-traveller-children-cse-resources

The animation can also be found on YouTube as well as our Facebook page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_iVzHVOdTo&feature=youtu.be

https://www.facebook.com/childrenssociety/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Many thanks

Jackie

Jacqueline Bolton

Jackie Bolton
bolton...@aol.com

Margaret Wood

Jun 7, 2017, 11:42:15 AM6/7/17
to tra...@googlegroups.com

Dear Jackie

It was really good to hear from you again. It sounds like such a valuable project. I’ve watched the video and I am looking forward to looking at the links to the other  resources you have sent.

Best wishes,

Margaret