I think there are more people like me

Marty Salo

Aug 13, 2014, 7:41:04 PM8/13/14
to traumatic-bra...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only TBI guy who enjoys the IT toys.  The computers are just so cool.  The Internet is cool in my opinion.  I enjoy the ability to talk to others through the use of computers and the fact that the words presented on the computer screen are read with the voice of the reader, and not my own voice.  It's not necessarily that I think my voice is that horrible, but rather that I enjoy being able to present ideas through the use of the written word.  Some TBI folks have made pretty big use of Facebook as a way for having support networks.  Technology is pretty cool.  There are iPhones, and other devices, but I enjoy the screen real estate available to me with a computer screen.  I've found some people recently who have been affected by loved ones and experiences with Traumatic Brain Injury.  Recovery from brain injury should probably be thought of as recovery through TBI, or recovery with TBI.  Maybe the effects from concussion are less.  There is some wisdom out there, that once you have one brain injury, the likelihood for additional brain injuries goes up.  Maybe it has something to do with impulsivity, or a reduced capacity to make probability based calculations on what is likely to happen.For some, it is generally the occupational path that they take which exposes them to perhaps greater danger.