Trash Mash-Up at The Big One

Trash Mash-Up

Jun 15, 2008, 1:43:12 AM6/15/08
to trashmashup
Trash Mash-Up will be featured at The Big One on Saturday, June 21
from 11:00am to 1:00pm. The Big One is a two-day event on June 21
and 22nd that will be co-created by the community. There will be a
village in Golden Gate Park to engage around the issues of our time
and to explore potential solutions.  Near Sharon Meadows there will be
a circle of theme "neighborhoods" set up in open-air tents to explore
the issues and solutions. Nonprofits will set up tables or tents near
their neighborhood of interest to engage with the public, raising
awareness about the work they are doing in the world. and
strengthening connections with other nonprofits, sharing resources and
experience. This event is free to the public and free of any
commercial transactions.
Trash Mash-Up’s mission is to bring vitality to the community. Using
public art projects, we connect our creative traditions to our
collective future. We are committed to realizing the potential value
in our everyday disposable objects by transforming them into
innovative “Maskostumes”. Through workshops and public pageants, we
support extended communities and an environmentally conscious culture.