Support DOT Regulations to improve accessibility of air travel for people with disabilities

AAPD

Dec 5, 2011, 11:58:52 AM12/5/11
to Transportation Equity for People with Disabilities
NOTE: Deadline for comments is January 9, 2012.

We are reaching out to you because of the big stake you have in the
Department of Transportation’s (DOT) efforts to maintain the rights of
travelers with disabilities. We encourage you to join the conversation
at Regulation Room (http://regulationroom.org/) and help DOT get this
new regulation right. Regulation Room is part of Cornell University’s
e-Rulemaking Initiative. DOT has proposed new regulations that will:

· Require airlines and airports to make check-in kiosks accessible
to travelers with disabilities; and,

· Require airlines and travel agents to make their websites
accessible to individuals with disabilities.

Very few travelers with disabilities have commented on this important
proposal, but there is still a little time left to comment.

Many people who would benefit from the proposal don’t realize that
DOT needs to hear from people who agree with the proposed regulations,
not just those who disagree.

WE URGE YOU TO PARTICIPATE BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT.

Best,
Josiah Heidt
J.D. Cornell Law School '11

2011-2012 Open Government Fellow

Cornell eRulemaking Initiative, Cornell Law School

158 Myron Taylor Hall

Ithaca, NY 14853

jbh...@cornell.edu

(607)-254-4621