How Driverless Cars Will Mean Huge Losses For Airlines and Hotels

已查看 7 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Dave Brough

未读,
2015年12月8日 13:52:502015/12/8
收件人 transport-innovators

We've seen how driverless cars will effect the insurance and a few other industries. This article describes how they will impact airlines and hotels And when you add high speed guideway to the mix, it will be even worse. Jerry Roane ought to give some thought to all the jobs he's going to kill.

Dave Brough

Jerry Roane

未读,
2015年12月8日 15:23:512015/12/8
收件人 transport-innovators
Dave Brough

You are right I am out to kill jobs that have no particular meaning to mankind.  Those displaced workers will need to trained in things humans are superior at doing.  No one suggests we outlaw clothes washing machines yet that invention has lost billions of jobs over its time so far on this Earth.

The Great Race had one location where they washed colorful garments in a shared river and then laid them out to dry on the sand.  Problem of course is done in large quantities the river is polluted and the sand ---  well let us just say it ain't ALL sand.  In that nation they do try to create jobs but most Americans would prefer the washer dryer.

Having a minimum wage cuts those make-jobs jobs.  In that nasty country it keeps the poor poor.  With the shift to solar from oil there are winners and losers.  I would rather have those workers build an endless clean supply of electricity than fracking the ground where we try to build cities.  The enemy is selling the spoils of war to Turkey and when you buy a gallon of gas you do support the enemy.

As for hotel stays I think the destination hotels will do better with easier ,cleaner and faster travel.  The no-tell motels may need to evolve to be destination hotels and not just for layovers and a "free" continental breakfast.

What is assured is the future will be different.  My recommendation to new workers is focus on what the human can uniquely do and run away from anything machines do well.

Jerry Roane

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 12:52 PM, Dave Brough <daveb...@gmail.com> wrote:

We've seen how driverless cars will effect the insurance and a few other industries. This article describes how they will impact airlines and hotels And when you add high speed guideway to the mix, it will be even worse. Jerry Roane ought to give some thought to all the jobs he's going to kill.

Dave Brough

Dave Brough

未读,
2015年12月8日 16:52:222015/12/8
收件人 transport-...@googlegroups.com
Jerry Roane.

It surely should give school guidance counsellors something to think about. And considering that its now easier to hack an education than attend class, tens of millions of teachers, too. http://www.wired.com/insights/2013/06/hacking-your-education-the-next-generation-of-students/

As for the hotels, one thing that our driverless car will not have was brought home in a scene from The Graduate where Anne Bancroft's character, Mrs. Robinson, laments having to check into a hotel "Just to take a shower". Boutique showers?

The question is, What, if anything, can the human do that is superior. They can't fly. They can't drive. They can't teach. They can't even  http://www.spencersonline.com/thumbnail/naughty/naughty-novelty/blow-up-dolls/pc/2352/c/187/189.uts Cough. Or, so others say.

Dave Brough

Jerry Roane

未读,
2015年12月8日 18:04:372015/12/8
收件人 transport-innovators
Dave Brough

Worship the Creator, think and create.  So far the installed software just runs down a list of tasks then branches on a condition.  If you find your job is running down a list of steps with a branch here and there, it is time to revisit the guidance councilor.

Folly is what we spend the most time doing.  What lasts is what we Should be doing.

Jerry Roane

--
回复全部
回复作者