Transparent Statistics Dagstuhl Seminar: Request for brainstorming

Chat Wacharamanotham

Nov 27, 2019, 9:51:13 PM11/27/19
to Transparent Statistics in HCI, ROBERTSON Judy, Yvonne Jansen, McNamara, Amelia A.
Dear members of Transparent Statistics Research Community [1],

We (Chat Wacharamanotham, Yvonne Jansen, Amelia McNamara, Judy Robertson) are planning to submit a proposal for Dagstuhl Seminar [2] on Transparent Statistics. This seminar aims to achieve four mission:

  1. Develop an initial set of guidelines and manifesto for transparent quantitative research process (from planning, preregistration, reporting, dissemination) for authors, reviewers,editor
  2. Create a plan for sustainable continuation of the development of such guidelines.
  3. To foster network among HCI and InfoVis researchers and connect them to people from relevant fields (e.g., statistics, psychology, biostatistics) that will lead to interdisciplinary research collaboration.
  4. Set out a research agenda for how HCI and InfoVis can contribute to transparent research methods (going beyond our own field)
We are brainstorming the ideas for activities for this seminar, and we would like to hear your thoughts

ACTION: Visit this document (on Google Doc) to see current ideas and chip in your thoughts.

— Chat

[1] We are working on extending our community beyond "statistics" to include qualitative research. You will hear more on this soon.

[2] An exclusive (invitation-only) 3–5 days event in a castle in Germany. Subsidized accommodation cost. Researchers come to discuss in-depth about specific research area. Great opportunity for networking and start collaborations. More info: https://www.dagstuhl.de/en/program/dagstuhl-seminars/