Searching for lead author for CHI 2019 panel/fireside chats

Chat Wacharamanotham

Dec 7, 2018, 12:30:39 AM12/7/18
to Transparent Statistics in HCI
Hi transparent statistics enthusiasts!

Among others, our community made three significant developments this year:

1. We started to include people from qualitative research who share the vision of “transparent research” and started working on common goals that are shared across methodological differences. (This already bore fruit in the proposal to change CHI reviewing guidelines.)

2. We started to engage with future CHI technical program chairs and SIGCHI executive committee to influence the process top-down (e.g., changing the reviewing guideline) in parallel with our bottom-up works.

3. After many revisions, the first two chapters of the Transparent Statistics Guidelines are ready to be publicly released.

We still firmly believe that it is important to continue this conversation in the CHI community!

Unfortunately, our Transparent Research workshop for CHI 2019 was rejected. (Based on the feedback we received, the reason for this rejection is likely due to a large number of submission and due to the preference of the juries to novel topics.)

ACTION

We, the transparent statistics team, wish you a happy holiday season and thank your effort in making your research transparent and  open for the HCI community!

— Chat

Chat Wacharamanotham

Dec 10, 2018, 11:23:11 PM12/10/18
to Transparent Statistics in HCI
Minor update: We move the meeting one hour later Wednesday, 12. December 2018 at 19:00–20:00 CET.

I already seeded some ideas in the meeting notes.

— Chat