INDIA transparency project seeks skilled programmers

已查看 2 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Satbir Singh

未读,
2010年4月12日 19:23:122010/4/12
收件人 Technology for Transparency Network
www.rethinkingindia.com

Rethinking India is a citizen action and information-sharing network,
publishing user-generated content, from blogs to documentaries online
and in a monthly magazine, MySociety.

We are currently expanding our project to include a transparency
initiative.

The initial aims are:

* The provision of information on sitting members of the federal
legislative, executive and judiciary and candidates for these
positions.
* A bank of data released under the Right to Information Act. Those
who have made claims for information under the act would share their
findings with other users, to avoid duplication of effort and cost.

We are seeking skilled programmers, familiar with the necessary tools
for a streamlined parliamentary informatics project, e.g. Django.

We hope to create a system that integrates both screen-scraping and
user-generated content, as the existing online database infrastructure
is limited, and thus we will depend heavily on user contributions.

Such work will, for the foreseeable future at least, be voluntary.
However, once funds begin to be raised, we will eventually be able to
provide remuneration, and, more importantly, we are providing you with
an opportunity to be part of something truly historic. Once the
initial site infrastructure is created, it will become much easier to
seek funds for remuneration of programmers.

Please get in touch: sat...@rethinkingindia.com

回复全部
回复作者
转发