Open Source Community Summit May 10th - non-profit DC event

Deborah Bryant

Apr 23, 2013, 9:17:24 PM4/23/13
to transpar...@googlegroups.com
Greetings T-Campers!

Immediately following this year’s Transparency Camp, the Open Source Initiative's (OSI's) board will converge on D.C. for the week of May 6th for its semi-annual meeting, and is planning several public events. Because there is an important relationship between open source, open standards, and transparency, I wanted to share the news that we’re hosting a DC Metro Open Source Community Summit.  It’s designed to gather the technical community talent and leadership who just so happen to contribute a great deal to so many transparency initiatives.

Would you share this with anyone in your network you think should be participating?  Here's the short story.

The Open Source Initiative(OSI) is hosting the non-profit DC Metro Open Source Community Summit, to be held The Mayflower Renaissance Washington, DC 1127 Connecticut Avenue NW on May 10th, 2012.  The program will include short sessions by community notables and an “unconference” format for maximum attendee participation, collaboration, and learning.

Open source community and user group leadership, open source project leads, committers and developers, non-profit foundations, open data engineers and others with an interest in learning more about growing and sustaining open source should attend.  Registration is free to government employees, $20 to non, and includes lunch.

Program details and registration information is available at the event web site at http://opensourcecommunitysummit.org .

About OSI: The Open Source Initiative (OSI) is the steward of the Open Source Definition (OSD) and the community-recognized body for reviewing and approving licenses as OSD-conformant.  OSI's mission is global in scope, and was formed in 1998 to educate about and advocate for the benefits of open source and to build bridges among different constituencies in the open source community.  It is registered as a public benefit corporation with 501(c)3 tax-exempt status.

If you'd like to meet up with us while we're in DC, please feel free to send me an email off-list.

Thanks!

Deb Bryant
Director, Open Source Initiative (OSI)