Promote Your Conference Or Tech Here [Do it here and nowhere else]

corbett3000

Feb 28, 2009, 12:40:42 PM2/28/09
to TransparencyCamp
Pleas use this thread to promote stuff you want people to know about.
Please don't use other threads to call out conferences/services etc.
that you want people to know about (unless of course you have a
solution to a problem someone has posted about).

Andrew Cohen

Feb 28, 2009, 3:03:47 PM2/28/09
to TransparencyCamp
Wanted to invite folks to attend eDemocracyCamp2 in Washington on
Sunday, April 19, 2009 -- the day before the Politics Online
Conference. The event is free.

Please RSVP here:
http://edemocracy.eventbrite.com

eDemocracyCamp is an unconference about e-democracy (using the
internet to support democratic processes) with a particular focus on e-
participation (using the internet to support public participation).
The goal is to connect researchers, developers, practitioners,
citizens and other enthusiasts for a day of intense collaboration and
knowledge sharing.

Andrew

--
Andrew Cohen
Project Director

Silona Bonewald

Feb 28, 2009, 4:31:48 PM2/28/09
to corbett3000, TransparencyCamp
We are doing a simultaneous Transparency Conference in Austin TX and DC May 15th

http://21stcenturyproject.org/transparency_conference.htm
--
Silona Bonewald
Gtalk: Sil...@gmail.com is the BEST WAY to contact me

http://leagueoftechvoters.org - 501c3 to involve geeks in the political process
http://whitehouse.wikia.com - versioning and documenting whitehouse.gov
http://transparentfederalbudget.com - anyone documenting the budget on a paragraph by paragraph basis
http://wiki.budgetwiki.com the wiki where we are designing it all

Cell: 512-750-9220 (I check voice messages only once a day!)

Silona Bonewald

Feb 28, 2009, 4:35:18 PM2/28/09
to TransparencyCamp
SXSW

So LoTV is doing an IGNITE talk at SXSW as a part of sunshineweek.org
Mar 16 12:30-2:00
Fiddlers Hearth

Let me know if you want to present about OPENGOV!

These will all be videotaped and reposted.  Exceptional ones will be on IGNITE TV
iTunes: http://bit.ly/wL2te YT: http://bit.ly/9hSP7
See some of Y'all there!

Jason Blum

Jan 15, 2013, 1:28:42 PM1/15/13
to transpar...@googlegroups.com, corbe...@gmail.com
I know a lot of folks on this list are in the D.C. area and code, and so wanted to put the word out we are trying to bring the CoderDojo movement to D.C. with http://CoderDojoDC.com (tho we're meeting in Silver Spring for now.)

We could really use three things:

1) Volunteer teachers of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Scratch, Python, Minecraft, Rasberry Pi's, iPhone development, Ruby and whatever else the kids want to learn.

We'd also like to start introducing kids to civic hacktivism - we have 14 year-olds who could probably cobble together something like http://hydrants.codefordc.org/, for instance, with a little guidance...  Would be cool to see them starting to do things more locally, in their schools, photoblogging their school lunches, if nothing else :)

2) Programmers who can meet us online over a Google Hangout alternate Saturday mornings around 11, to tell the kids a little about their work, how they got started, maybe turn the camera around to show us around their crib?

3) Space to meet with great WIFI - we are in the Silver Spring Civic Building for now, but the WIFI has turned out to be pretty spotty.  I need to line up something better by fall if not sooner.

So drop me a line if you'd like to get involved and thanks!: ja...@coderdojo.com

P.S. TCamp13 is still on right?  Can't wait!

kevin curry

Jan 15, 2013, 3:23:53 PM1/15/13
to Jason Blum, transpar...@googlegroups.com, corbe...@gmail.com
Ah. That explains the signups I've been getting. Love this, Jason. Put me down for a hangout.

Kevin Curry
Virginia Beach, VA
http://twitter.com/kmcurry

Jason Blum

Jan 16, 2013, 8:08:57 AM1/16/13
to kevin curry, transpar...@googlegroups.com, corbe...@gmail.com
Heh ah cool - Ill follow up with you online.

Any other programmers out there likely to be coding away on a Saturday morning at 11?  Particularly trying to find women coders (trying anything to even out the gender ratio at our meetings!)

Forgot to mention that we also collect and revive not-terribly-old laptops with Edubuntu, to give away with a little training to kids unable to bring their own.  So if anyone out there has anything like http://v.gd/Ubuntu_compatible_laptops, we're happy to take them off your hands!