Transparency and Local Civic Engagement

Tracy Viselli

Apr 28, 2011, 12:56:55 PM4/28/11
to transpar...@googlegroups.com
Hello All:

I would love to get a group of people together to discuss how we can use transparency (or discuss how it has been used) to address community needs at the local level, as well as to create a more engaged local citizenry. And by community needs, I mean needs of undeserved populations and human services rather than fixing streets, etc.

To me, this is the big nut to crack--using transparency to engage neighbors in solving community problems--making government data not only accessible, but relevant on a neighborhood by neighborhood basis.

http://goo.gl/mod/vpzk

If you're interested in such a discussion, I'd love to hear from you or meet up with you at TCamp.

Thanks, Tracy
Community Manager
ACTion Alexandria

--