Re: Announcement: Open Data Site in Slovakia (based on Datacamp)

1 view

dina

Jan 12, 2014, 12:13:08 PM1/12/14
to transpar...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my ONE TOUCH IDOL MINI

Stefan <stefan....@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>After almost a year of design and work, I am glad to announce that
>first live instance of Datacamp - data publishing web application went
>live:
>
>http://datanest.fair-play.sk/
>
>You can browse datasets gathered by one of the largest NGO in
>Slovakia, mostly thanks to the free information act.
>
>Some of the datasets:
>* donations from EU
>* agricultural donations
>* sponsors of political parties
>* ... many more
>
>About Datacamp:
>
>Datacamp is a web application for publishing datasets in more human-
>understandable form. Some of the features:
>
>* dataset descriptions - human readable field names, field
>descriptions, formatting, ...
>* localizable dataset descriptions - you can have descriptions in more
>languages, for example in countries where more languages are being
>used, so all language groups can understand what is in the data
>* predicate based searching
>* based on refillable datasets (dataset where you append data, instead
>of separate small datasets)
>* API for data and metadata (data catalogue, dataset and field
>descriptions, raw data - whole datasets)
>
>GIT repository: http://github.com/Stiivi/datacamp
>
>This is first step towards open governmental data in Slovakia and this
>Datacamp instance is the first and largest open data source in the
>country.
>
>If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, just drop me a
>line.
>
>Stefan Urbanek
>
>p.s.: There is more interesting stuff coming very soon: more colorful,
>more analytical, more about slicing and dicing... :-)

Zuzana Wienk

Jan 13, 2014, 12:35:11 PM1/13/14
to transpar...@googlegroups.com, Eva Vozárová
Hello everybody!

I'm a program director of Fair-play Alliance and I do not understand this message. Our organisation ended cooperation with Stefan Urbanek years ago due to unreliability and low quality of work. Datanest (www.datanest.sk) is a functioning application thanks to longer effort of the internal staff and new coders. If you wish to receive any information about the project, please contact FPA who is the owner of the site and its provider. I'm ccying project manager of this site Eva Vozarova who can be of help.
best regards!

Zuzana Wienk
Fair-Play Alliance
Slovakia