Book March 11th, 7pm

1 view

Arzeena Hamir

Dec 6, 2010, 5:47:30 PM12/6/10
to transitiont...@googlegroups.com, urbanf...@googlegroups.com, gclcs-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just gotten some amazing news and wanted to let all of you know so that you can book the time.

Darrell Massutto, the Mayor of North Vancouver, has agreed to speak in Richmond on the evening Friday, March 11th. I've booked City Hall's Council Chambers for this talk. Mayor Massutto recently called for residents of N. Vancouver to rip out their lawns and install food gardens. He takes issues of climate change and peak oil very seriously which is very refreshing from an elected official.

Hopefully, we'll have funding to put on an all day forum on Saturday, March 12th as well but the talk by Mayor Massutto will happen regardless.

Love it when things fall together.

Arzeena Hamir MSc. P.Ag.
Coordinator
Richmond Food Security Society
http://richmondfoodsecurity.org
coord...@richmondfoodsecurity.org
http://twitter.com/arzeena

Ian Lai

Dec 6, 2010, 7:24:04 PM12/6/10
to Arzeena Hamir, transitiont...@googlegroups.com, urbanf...@googlegroups.com, gclcs-d...@googlegroups.com
FYI The BC Farmers Market Conference is also on at Steveston that
weekend. Hmmmm....

Thanks,
Ian

604-767-9264