Fwd: Upcoming workshop/Film Event

1 view

Arzeena Hamir

Nov 10, 2010, 12:41:45 PM11/10/10
to transitiont...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid I can't go to this event but I hope some of you can. Please spread the word - excellent movie showing too.

Arzeena Hamir MSc. P.Ag.
Coordinator
Richmond Food Security Society
http://twitter.com/arzeena

Begin forwarded message:

From: cathy wilander <cat...@telus.net>
Date: November 10, 2010 8:43:44 AM PST
To: Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
Subject: Upcoming workshop/Film Event

Hi Everyone-two upcoming events.  We are working hard to build the Climate Justice movement here in BC.

1. Action for Climate Justice: Building the Climate Justice Movement
A workshop to plan action and build the movement

 Let’s meet to continue momentum from the 10/10/10 Dig in for Climate Justice! The next major round of UN climate negotiations will be held in Cancun November 29 to December 10. The last one in Copenhagen failed miserably. Why wait for governments to take action? It is the collective voice of people that can make climate justice a reality. We will plan actions on local climate crimes like freeways during the Cancun climate summit and beyond.

Bring your friends, ideas and plans!

When: Saturday November 13, 11 am - 2:30 pm Light lunch by donation.
Where: Grandview Calvary Baptist Church, 1803 E. 1st Avenue (1 block east of Commercial Drive) (wheelchair accessible - from the north side)

2. Film-"The Age of Stupid"
Join us for this controversial 2009 film.  An archivist living in the year 20 50 when there is climate disaster looks back at us and wonders why we did not stop the climate crisis when we could.  Why we were "stupid"?
We will have a discussion afterwards on how we can be smart and  actions we can do to  protect our environment.
When:  Wed. Nov. 17 7-9 p.m.
Where: Ladner Pioneer Library 4683 51 St Delta

Door prize and Blackberry Wine Jelly to be sold by donation- a great holiday treat!!
Refreshments/ Fair traded and organic coffee/tea.
Hope to see you.

Cathy Wilander
Delta/Richmond Chapter
The Council of Canadians