Screening - H2OIL

Arzeena Hamir

Jun 17, 2011, 5:36:07 PM6/17/11
to arz...@shaw.ca, transitiont...@googlegroups.com, land...@lists.groundwire.org
Cinema Politica Screening
H2OIL – What’s more important – water or oil?

Cinema Politica Richmond is pleased to announce the screening of the award-winning documentary, H2OIL at the Ralph Fisher Auditorium, Richmond Hospital, from 7-9pm. The Auditorium is located at 7000 Westminster Hwy and there is free parking in the gravel lot off Westminster Hwy, after 6pm.

The war for oil is well underway across the globe. A struggle is increasingly being fought between water and oil, not only over them. Alberta’s oil sands are at the centre of this tension. As the province rushes towards a large-scale extraction, the social, ecological and human impacts are hitting a crisis point.

In Richmond, we fight our own battle against oil. A proposed jet fuel pipeline risks not only the land that it cuts through, but the tankers unloading at the mouth of the Fraser River put our whole fisheries at risk.

Join preeminent fisheries biologist Otto Langer for a discussion after the screening. Otto and a number of local citizens have formed VAPOR, Vancouver Airport Pipeline Opposition for Richmond

Please forward this on to friends and family.

Arzeena