Late invite for this afternoon

Arzeena Hamir

Feb 13, 2011, 2:36:48 PM2/13/11
to transitiont...@googlegroups.com, Ravi Pankhania, Michelle Li, Wendy McDonnell
Hi all,

Apologies for the late invite but if you're available at 2pm this afternoon, Bruno Vernier is going to be demonstrating how to make bokashi. If you've never heard of it, it's a method of fermenting food scraps so that you can keep them in buckets indoors without fruit fly & odour issues.

So instead of sending all your green scraps to the City for composting (or not), you can recycle all those nutrients (including fats, meats, dairy etc) for your own garden without worrying about attracting pests.

The session is in the Terra Nova Barn, starting at 2pm. 2631 Westminster Hwy. I'm bringing my kids so feel free to bring yours.

Arzeena Hamir MSc. P.Ag.
Coordinator
Richmond Food Security Society
http://richmondfoodsecurity.org