Fwd: Thanks for your involvement - Sept. 24 is the next big day!

1 view

Arzeena Hamir

Jul 27, 2011, 8:44:46 PM7/27/11
to transitiont...@googlegroups.com
Anyone have any ideas for an event in Richmond?

Arzeena Hamir MSc. P.Ag.
Coordinator
Richmond Food Security Society
http://twitter.com/arzeena

Begin forwarded message:

From: Haley Stewart <ha...@350.org>
Date: July 27, 2011 11:58:09 AM PDT
Subject: Thanks for your involvement - Sept. 24 is the next big day!

 Hey there!  You’re getting this email as one of the past years’ organizers of one of 350.org’s days of climate action – on 24 October, 2009 or 10 October, 2010.

 My name is Haley and I am working with the global climate change campaign, 350.org. This September 24th, cities and communities around the world are coming together to organize a global day of action against climate change known as Moving Planet.  On this day, communities all over the world will get out in the streets on bike, foot, or other modes of sustainable transportation to call for just solutions to climate change and to send a message to politicians that we want and need to move away from fossil fuels. I wanted to get in touch because of your previous experience with organizing a 350 global day of action event in your area. Would you be interested in organizing for another global day of action?

You can find more information about the day at www.moving-planet.org. On the website you can post your event and get great ideas for how to take action. Also, I’ve attached a partnership guide to give you some background information on the event. If you have already started to organize an event in your area, please create an event page for it on the website so people in your area can get involved. I’d love to hear more about the work you’re doing and answer any questions you may have – hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,

Haley Stewart

--

ha...@350.org  |  350.org  |  skype: hstewart350 | cell: 858 243 8762