Wednesday! Eat the City: No-dig food gardening for reclaiming urban spaces.

1 view

Arzeena Hamir

Nov 28, 2011, 6:27:58 PM11/28/11
to transitiont...@googlegroups.com
FYI

Arzeena Hamir
Coordinator
Richmond Food Security Society

Begin forwarded message:

From: Erin Innes <erin...@gmail.com>
Date: November 28, 2011 2:01:23 PM PST
Subject: [permaculture-117] Wednesday! Eat the City: No-dig food gardening for reclaiming urban spaces.

Wednesday November 30, 7 – 9 pm: Eat the City: No-dig food gardening for reclaiming urban spaces.

Growing your own food in the city doesn’t have to be hard! By working with nature, not against it, even tiny urban spaces can be redesigned to feed people, heal soil and water, build biodiversity, and stake a claim to make our cities come alive for the people and other beings who live here. This talk will share some Permaculture techniques for changing cityscapes into foodscapes that not only feed our communities, but also bring people together and leave our ecology stronger and more vibrant than we found it.

7pm at Eternal Abundance, 1025 Commercial Drive.

By donation, suggested donation $10 – $20. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.

--
go ahead and rock the boat... it's sinking anyway!

passionatepermaculture.ca

Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 | sup...@meetup.com