Toolkit Launched and Climate Reality Talk

Transition Kitchener-Waterloo

Mar 30, 2014, 5:09:41 PM3/30/14
to transitionkw-...@googlegroups.com

Greeting Transitioners,

Saturday was our big day - we launched the climate change adaptation toolkit! Where can you access your own toolkit? Check out toolkit.transitionkw.com, where you can download it, or find out where to get a copy. More coverage of the event is coming soon.

If you want more climate change talk, the Kitchener Green Party will be hosting a public talk by Erich Jacoby-Hawkins, "Climate Reality". After Erich's talk we will have the "business" side of the AGM.

“Climate Reality” is the presentation that inspired the Academy Award-winning "An Inconvenient Truth" the way it was intended, by a presenter personally trained by former Vice President Al Gore, with up-to-date climate information and how changes are already impacting our nation and world; what challenges they present in terms of energy, weather, food, security, health and economy; and what policy directions are needed to address them.

Erich Jacoby-Hawkins has been heavily involved with environmental and social causes for the past 15 years, in every capacity from front-line volunteer and board member of environmental charity in the local community to tax policy critic and co-chair of shadow cabinet at the national level. Last summer Erich was one of a select group of Canadian volunteers trained by Al Gore to be a Climate Reality Leader and give the most recent version of Gore’s famous presentation.

This event will be held on March 31, at 6:00 pm in the Auditorium (Rm 101) of the Lyle S Hallman School of Social Work, 120 Duke St W Kitchener.  The room is wheelchair accessible through the doors off College St parking lot. Come enjoy some refreshments in the company of the friendly, hardworking folks that keep the heartbeat of Kitchener-Centre Greens healthy and strong.

http://www.erichthegreen.ca/

----

Sylvie Spraakman

Facilitator, TransitionKW