Re: [Transition Tompkins] Transition Questionnaire

Message has been deleted

Valorie Rockney

Sep 29, 2012, 12:34:56 PM9/29/12
to transitio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I don't think Ithaca is officially either a Transition Town or a Transition Hub, though I don't see definitions on your website.

We definitely have a strong Transition-friendly movement, many Transition features (including many kinds of networks), but not official status, as far as I know. For example, we do quite a bit with local foods, energy conservation and alternative energy, social justice, human services, local currency and barter. We have many local cooperatives (food, credit union, housing, crafts, etc.), some of which have been around for 30+ years.

Other Tompkins County residents, want to chime in and give fuller or better information?

All best and good luck on your research,

Valorie Rockney

On Sep 29, 2012, at 12:23 PM, Paul Daugherty wrote:

I'm a graduate student at Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, and am pursuing a Master of Applied Geography in Land Management. I am conducting a research project to investigate how Transition in the United States is affected by the design of the built environment.

Please visit my website to participate in the questionnaire:

Paul Daugherty

--
Working to support community-led responses to climate change, inequality and shrinking supplies of cheap energy, building resilience and happiness

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/ithaca-in-transition?hl=en?hl=en